Tournament Rules & Guidelines
1. Teams are divided into divisions; of 3 or 4 team pools..
2. All games will consist of two 18 MINUTE HALVES. The clock will run the first 17 minutes of the first half and the first 15 of the second half except for TIME OUTS AND FREE THROWS. Teams shoot 1 an 1 on the 10th foul and 2 shots on the 13th. Player's will receive 6 personal fouls before disqualification.
3. Each team gets three 30 second time-outs per game. One additional timeout is added to any remaining timeouts for each overtime period. If overtime is necessary, it will be: - TWO minutes in pool play, - (3 minutes in playoffs or championship). Each team will receive one additional 30-second timeout. If a second overtime is needed, it will be Sudden Death BY 2 POINTS in pool play but still three minutes in the Playoffs or Championship games. All other rules are High school federation rules unless covered by these exceptions.
4. The first team listed on schedule will be the Home Team and wear a lighter color uniform. FORFEIT TIME is 15 MINUTES with the ON TIME TEAM BEING AWARDED THE WIN. SCORE 15 – 0.
5. Pool Play will consist of three or four teams who will play each other once. Teams should be at least one hour early for all games.
6. In the event of a tie in Pool Play we will use the following Tie Breakers in this ORDER OF PRIORITY: a) Head to Head Play...then b) Offensive Point Differential (20 pt. max per game) of the teams involved in the tie...then .....then c) If there is still a tie AFTER using these tie-breakers the 3rd criteria will be fewest points allowed amongst the teams INVOLVED in the tie. e) If needed the final criteria will be a 4 minute stop time play-off. Please be reminded that we use these tie breakers in the above mentioned order. If the tie is settled after using the first priority there will be no need to go the 2nd priority. If the tie is settled after using the 2nd priority there will be no need to use the 3rd priority.
7. Mercy Rule – If a team is up by 30 points or more with four minutes or less or up by 20 points with two minutes or less remaining on the clock, the game will AUTOMATICALLY BE stopped.
8. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY BASKETBALLS, PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR OWN BALL FOR WARM UP & GAME.
9. All rules not covered by this list will be decided by the tournament director.
10. THANKS FOR ENTERING AND GOOD LUCK.
2017 Champions and Runner Ups
Saturday Adults $12, Kids $8, 6 and under free
Sunday Adults $8, Kids $5, 6 and under free
NO OUTSIDE FOOD AND DRINK
(except INDIVIDUAL water not cases)
May 4-5, 2019
Divisions: 4th grade - 11th grade (boys only)
Glenelg Country Day School
12793 Folly Quarter Road
Ellicot City, MD 21042
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
Make Check/Money Order payable to
More Than Basketball LLC
(email for mailing info)
Keep up with us on Social Media and YouTube